Save the Date! The 4th Annual Healthy Families 5K Run & Walk has been set for Sunday, April 22, 2018!
April 22nd, 2018 | 9:00am | Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo | 1875 Noble Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06610
Proceeds to benefit the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County, its mission and Healthy Families, Healthy Futures community outreach projects.
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Beardsley Zoo.
This fun event is for participants of all ages.
Don’t miss the exciting route INSIDE the Beardsley Zoo! The course takes you through the entire zoo, and finishes near the historic carousel. You’ll see the tigers, prairie dogs, anteaters, and exotic birds, whether you choose to run or walk.
Thanks to Gregg Dancho and the Beardsley Zoo staff for generously hosting our 2017 annual event at Connecticut’s only zoo. You don’t want to miss it!
Join us to kick off your spring training!
- After the 5K, there will be entertainment, snacks and fluids to help you refuel and celebrate
- Every participant will get a free pass to the zoo
- Your race time will be digitally recorded
- The new and improved course will be accurately measured and better than ever
- Bring a group of 10 or more for special pricing. Contact Race Director Marty Schaivone for details at email@example.com
- Plenty of parking will be available in lots and designated areas. We ask you to be respectful because the zoo is open to the general public–be sure to follow traffic flow rules and be mindful of parking restrictions
- A commemorative shirt will be given to all entrants (sizes are guaranteed if you register early, and will be supplied after that time if available)
- A free Kids’ Fun Run offering a noncompetitive, 1/4 mile race for kids 6th grade and younger only- weather permitting
- Commemorative trophy to top male & female finisher
- Additional special prizes to be announced
- Awards categories: top three male and female finishers in 9 & under; 10-12; 13-18; 19-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+
- Best Costume Awards: Let’s see what you got! Lion? Tiger? A marsupial of your choice?
Registration will open march 7, 2018. Registration will close at 500 people, so mark your calendar now!
Approximate 2018 Pricing:
TBD: $25 for ages 19 & over; only $18 for ages 18-13; only $12 for ages 12 & under
Advanced registration will officially close on TBD.
TBD: Pre-reg pickup & late registration from 12:00-5:00pm at SoundRunner in Fairfield $30/$20/$15
TBD-race day: $35/$20/$15 Registration & pre-reg pickup opens at 7:30am
The Kids’ Run is free; simply sign up at the zoo on race day.
REGISTER NOW! (link will be updated closer to the race date)
Printable Application (link will be updated closer to the race date)
EVENT SCHEDULE (tentative and subject to change)
TBD: Packet, bib & shirt pickup and late registration from 12:00-5:00pm at SoundRunner, 1596 Post Rd. Fairfield
TBD: Early pickup & registration from 10:00am-2:00pm and late registration with cash/check, available if the race hasn’t reached capacity.
7:45-8:55 am Late registration and packet pickup
8:45am Kids’ Run
9:00am Healthy Families 5K Run/Walk race start
9:30am Post-race party begins with great food and music
Marty Schaivone, coordinator of more than 30 races in CT, including the Aquarion/Barnum Festival 5k & 10k in Bridgeport, the Colony Grill Hot Oil & Bigelow Tea Community Challenge in Fairfield, the Great Pumpkin Classic at Trumbull High School, and many more races in Fairfield County. MS Running Productions is available for event consulting & directing at firstname.lastname@example.org
See the 2017 schedule at www.hitekracing.com/msrunning
Stay tuned for the detailed 2018 schedule!
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors!
SPONSOR & PARTNER OPPORTUNITIES
If you or your company would like to partner with us, please contact Samantha Collin at email@example.com
For vendor commitments, or to supply entertainment/volunteers on the course, please contact Emily Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage the participation of community/neighborhood groups of all ages!