To be eligible to join the Junior League of Eastern Fairfield County (JLEFC) as a Provisional member, a woman must be at least 21 years old by the closing date for application. Applicants must be a resident of one of the following towns: Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Newtown, Redding, Shelton, Southport, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston or Westport.
No member sponsorship is required to join the JLEFC — just an interest in voluntarism, commitment to community service and an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation. Any woman who meets these criteria is warmly welcomed.
The JLEFC welcomes individuals to transfer their membership from their former League to the JLEFC. Click here to learn more about transferring your membership to the JLEFC.
1. Attend all provisional training classes/retreats.
2. Complete designated shifts at major League fundraiser
3. The Provisional Class will choose placement of an in-League committee for the following League year.
5. Fulfill financial obligation of $185.00.
Active Member Requirements
1. All Active and AAS Members are required to fulfill the financial obligation of $185.00 (annual membership dues) payable by March 1, 2017.
2. Complete Membership Renewal Form
3. Attend three (3) General Membership Meetings (GMM’s)
4. Attend one (1) Speak Out and one (1) Nominating and Placement interview
5. Volunteer at three (3) service related activities including either one (1) Operation Hope Meal Preparation or one (1) Bi-Monthly Healthy Families Dinner
6. Volunteer for one (1) 5K shift (before, during or after the event)
7. Purchase one (1) ticket for the 5K event
8. Participate in the Annual Appeal
9. Actively participate in and communicate with your assigned committee
Other Membership Requirements
The JLEFC requires that each member serve a minimum of eight years as an Active member before she may become a Sustaining member.